Click here：Medicine, Humanity and Media (MHM 2019):
Medicine, Humanity and Media (MHM 2019):
“Healthy China” & Health Communication International Conference
Nov 9 -10, 2019, Peking University, Beijing, China
Call for Paper
The MHM 2019 International Conference on “Healthy China” and Health Communication will be held on Nov 9 and 10, 2019 at Peking University, Beijing, China. Over the past three years, MHM has become a leading venue for health communication scholarship in China attracting international and domestic scholars. MHM promises to be a highly selective and premier international forum on health communication. In 2019, we aim to accept 30 papers with highest quality. The MHM 2019 conference will include keynote speeches, panels for paper presentations, a workshop on publishing, and a roundtable on health communication curriculum development. The organizing committee is excited to invite you to participate in MHM 2019.
MHM is a multidisciplinary conference. Therefore, the conference welcomes, but does not limit to, the following topics:
1. Communication in Medical Encounters
2. Communication for Health Care Organizations
3. Social Health Campaigns and Community Health Initiatives
4. Mass Media and Health
5. Aging and Health Communication
6. New Technologies and Health Communication
7. International and Intercultural Health Communication
8. Other health communication related topics
1. Submission can be in Chinese or English. This year we are accepting both full paper and abstract submissions. Full papers should be no longer than 25 pages and use a 12-point font size; double-spaced; 1 inch margins (abstract, references, tables, and figures are not included in the 25-page limit). Papers must conform to APA 6th Edition guidelines for style and formatting. Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words in length.
2. The submissions must not be previously published anywhere; and must not be submitted to any other conferences before and during the MHM 2019 review process. For any accepted paper / abstract, at least one author must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
3. All submissions should be emailed to: email@example.com
All submissions will be reviewed by experts in the field and judged on problem significance, originality, quality of research, quality of presentation, and value to conference attendees.
Submissions will be invited for publication in conference proceedings. Authors must submit the full paper by Oct 25, 2019 to be included in it.
Paper / Abstract submission due: Sept 15, 2019
Notification of acceptance: Sept 25, 2019
Registration Due: Oct 10, 2019
Full paper (if interested in publication) due: Oct 25, 2019
Conference dates: Nov 9 and 10, 2019
Organizing committee and confirmed keynote speakers:
Organizer: School of Journalism and Communication, Peking University, China
Sponsor: The George Institute China
Registration Fee: Free (participants responsible for own travel and accommodation)
Dr. Jing XU, firstname.lastname@example.org, (School of Journalism and Communication, Peking University, China)
Dr. Xin-ying SUN, email@example.com (Health Science Center, Peking University, China)
Dr. Xiaoquan ZHAO, firstname.lastname@example.org (George Mason University, U.S.A.)
Dr. Zhenyi LI, Zhenyi.email@example.com (Royal Roads University, Canada)
Dr. Shaohai JIANG, firstname.lastname@example.org (National University of Singapore)
Confirmed keynote speakers:
Gary Kreps, George Mason University, USA
Xiaoquan Zhao, George Mason University, USA
Teresa Thompson, University of Dayton, USA; Editor-in-Chief, Health Communication
All inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com