Main theme: Health Communication in the Process of Digitalization
Time: Nov. 4th-5th, 2023
Place: Peking University
Sponsor: School of Journalism and Communication, Peking University
Co-sponsor: Department of Communications and New Media, National University of Singapore
The process of digitalization has affected many processes in the development of human society and has also brought new opportunities and challenges to health communication research. In response to the “Healthy China” strategy and to achieve the sustainable development goals (SDGs) of the United Nations related to health and well-being, we aim to construct a new knowledge system of health communication and explore new directions for the education of graduate students in the field of journalism and communication.
The 6th “Medicine, Humanity and Media” (MHM2023) International Conference advocates diverse research perspectives and interdisciplinary academic exchanges. We welcome postgraduate students and young scholars from various disciplines to submit papers on (but not limited to) the following topics, improve academic exchanges, and build an academic community:
1. Innovation of theories and methodology of health communication in the process of digitalization.
2. Health communication through mass media for public understanding under digitalization.
3. Strategic health communication under digitalization in specific fields (tobacco control, food safety, mental health, etc.)
4. Medical care communication and health narratives in the era of intelligent communication.
5. Public health emergencies and science popularization
6. Human-oriented health communication in global and cross-cultural context.
7. Historical and cultural evolution of ideas on health and communication.
8. Other related issues.
This conference is funded by the “Graduate Education Innovation Program” of Peking University. Therefore, we especially welcome graduate students’ submissions and award outstanding papers. All accepted papers will be collected into the Conference Proceedings and published in the Journal of Medicine, Humanity and Media (ISSN 2817-5166).
For more information:
Mr. Wang 13683359899;
Ms. Zeng 010-62753570
Guidelines for Submission
1. Full paper should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 19, 2023 (Beijing time). The specific requirements are as follows:
1) This conference only accepts full-paper submissions in Chinese or English.
2) The Chinese full-paper should have between 5000 and 8000 words. English full-paper should have between 3000 and 5000 words.
3) Content requirements: The paper should include a title, abstract, keywords, text, and notes. Provincial and ministerial-level and important fund projects should indicate the project name and number. If the paper is signed by the project team, the names of the main members of the project team and their work units should be noted.
4) Format requirements: Chinese papers refer to the format requirements for submission to “Peking University News and Communication Review” (see appendix), and English papers refer to APA seventh edition format.
5) Email title: Name-Organization-Number of issue-Paper title (for example: San Zhang-Peking University-5-Infodemic Governance in China).
6) The first page of the paper should include the following information in the footer: name, date of birth, gender, organization, education level, title (this item does not need to be filled in for students), research areas.
2. We will send invitations to selected participants no later than October 10, 2023 (Beijing time).
1. Fees: There is no registration fee for this conference. Transportation and accommodation are at your own expense.
2. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
3. You can also follow the “PKU Health Communication” WeChat Public Account and leave a message.